Sunday, November 5, 2017

Howdy November

Ahhh, November, the quiet month.  I say this because once December hits it's all about getting ready for Christmas and that can be a really busy time.  Even the hospital gets busier because everyone wants to get their surgeries done before the beginning of new insurance deductibles.   November has the promise of Thanksgiving, turkey, family, and not as much hustle and bustle. 
We still have many trees that haven't turned yet. Walking in the Creepy Woods yesterday I was happy to see a little color.  It's been the latest Fall leaf peeping ever around these parts.
Some pretty yellows.
The Creepy Woods gets much less creepy as the leaves fall and it's more open and easy to hike.  We've had some crazy weather around here that will probably take care of many leaves.  Tonight we heard the tornado siren go off.  There was a severe thunderstorm warning and tornado warning.  Tons of rain, lightening and from the looks of Facebook, maybe a tornado touch down near here.  We never lost power so I'm glad of that but hope our friends and neighbors are doing OK. 
I put a bench out front near the driveway.  What's funny is my kiddos came last weekend and nobody noticed it...really.   My sister said "How could they not notice it"...my answer: "My kids were raised by wolves".   She just said I was weird.  She's right!  But today I did see a funny thing in the back yard.  It's probably better to see this than a pink elephant:
I'm not sure if it's domestic or an albino wild rabbit.  It wasn't friendly and ran away, hopefully to it's home!  Jack is super allergic to rabbits so no rescue from our point.  Anyway, howdy November!  It's time to really count my blessings and enjoy the calm before the storm. 

4 comments:

betty said...

I'm just amazed we are in November already. Where did this year go? We had a white bunny in our yard years ago; we deduced it was a pet as we never saw it again when we tended to see the traditional gray looking wild bunnies more often! Enjoy the blessings November brings!

betty

acorn hollow said...

happy November we are quieter this month too and Dec is crazy why do we put everything in one month?
cathy

Julia said...

November was in a hurry to get here too but the weather sure has been different this year. It's still warm even though we had a few light frost . The wind and rain has knocked a lot of the beautiful leaves off the trees. It now looks a bit bland having naked trees.

Funny about the kids not noticing the bench and the decorations. You're too funny.

Ooho...I hope there is not another mate bunny around as bunnies multiply and can be a big nuisance. He does look cute .

I got a new calf this morning. A November bonus.
Take care, Hugs, Julia

Rick Watson said...

I hope you guys weathered the storms that swept through there yesterday. They looked brutal on the radar.
Rick